The LWRA is more than just another ratepayers' group. Incorporated in 1963, we are a community group for cottagers and permanent residents in the Lake Waseosa, Ripple Lake, Pallette Lake and Jessop Lake areas northwest of Huntsville, Ontario. Nor are we just a cottagers' association -- we represent both waterfront and back-lot property owners in the area. We are a social group, and environmental monitor and an education conduit in addition to our advocacy role.
Our projects include:
- Social gatherings such as the Family Day Winter Social, the Fun Day regatta, and the annual Corn Roast.
- Educational opportunities such as Pleasure Craft Operator Card training.
- Quality of life issues such as bringing high-speed internet access to the area
- Environmental stewardship programs such as the Lake Partner Health Program
- Group buying opportunities like cottage and boat insurance or septic pumping services
Working with other organizations, the LWRA provides us with a voice to lobby for issues locally and provincially. We are members of the Federation of Ontario Cottagers Association (FOCA). Our association with other groups brings with it access to important information regarding planning and development issues, and strategies for maintaining the health of our environment.
Remember! Membership in LWRA represents the greater interest of our entire community. Together we help to maintain the unique quality of life here in Muskoka by nurturing not just the water, but also the land, wildlife, and our people. It doesn't matter whether you live on or around the water: join today!